Skip to main content

Anniversary Weekend

Last Friday, the 13th, was our 10th anniversary!  It sure does fly by.  We took that day off and took the Victoria Clipper from Seattle to Victoria, B.C. for the weekend while my Dad and stepmom graciously watched the girls for us.  We stayed at our timeshare in Seattle (WorldMark--they are all over, not just Seattle) Thursday night so we'd be close because we had to be at the Clipper pretty early, so all together we had 3 blissful kid-free nights!  That is the most we've ever had at one time, other than once or twice when the girls have gone to Crescent Bar with Paul's parents for like 4 nights but we were working during the day so it's wasn't really the same.

We got there around 10:30 on Friday and it was too early to check in so we just dropped our luggage off at our hotel (WorldMark again) and went to lunch and then took a bus to the world famous Butchart Gardens.

 


 






 



 



After that, we got checked into our room and went down to the pool and hot tub for a bit, and then went to dinner at a nice seafood restaurant on the water.  Saturday we just walked around and went to the museum and IMAX theater and then went to dinner at a cute little Italian place right across the street from our hotel.

I was surprised and very disappointed to discover that my favorite attraction in Victoria, the wax museum, was gone!  And the famed Empress Hotel is being renovated and all the ivy that covered its entire front had been removed.  It looked so weird!


What we're used to

Huh?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley