Skip to main content

First Day of Middle School

Today is the girls' first day of 6th grade/middle school!  They were up before 6:00 AM and ready way ahead of time.  A friend's mom offered to drive them because her daughter didn't want to walk in alone on the first day (the mom drives her and her sister everyday--they chose not to take the bus) so they had even more extra time than they would have otherwise.

I took today off so I could have some time to work on projects while everyone else is away at work and school.  I love taking the very first day off so I don't have to rush in the morning and so I can be here when they get home to ask them about their first day, but most years they start on the last Wednesday in August which always coincides with my team's monthly staff meeting so I don't always take it off but have a few times.

I look forward to hearing all about it when they get home!

First day of 6th grade


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley