Skip to main content

15 Months

I guess it's about time I actually post about the girls. They are 15 months now and discovering new things all the time. They officially know how to go down stairs, as well as up, so the other day we removed the baby gate for awhile and they were having a blast going up and down. It was quite liberating for us too, not having to step over it all the time (it's the pressure mounted kind, not the kind with a swinging walk-through gate). We still use it when we want to contain them to one floor or the other, but we no longer have to have it up 24/7.

Their other new thing is wanting to climb into and sit in the toy box or kitchen towel drawer. Sometimes they need help getting in or out, though, and it gets frustrating for us because many times as soon as they're in they want back out and vice versa. Make up your minds! And while they used to love bathtime and would play in the tub forever, now I can barely get them washed before they're trying to climb out. They just love to climb anything and everything!

A few weeks ago I was relieved to have them sleeping until 7:00 or 7:30 again. I thought it was going to be a regular thing but unfortunately it was short-lived. All this week Kayley has been back to waking up between 6:00 and 6:30. Sigh. Again, make up your mind please.

Lastly, Olivia has started to imitate me. She tries to sweep. It's so cute. Whenever she sneaks into the pantry (which is often--we keep the door closed but if I go in there for something she'll follow me in) she'll grab the wisk broom and start sweeping. She also tries to brush her hair (with a brush, not the wisk broom).

Soon we'll be going to Crescent Bar for the first of what will probably be 3 or 4 trips this summer so we'll be looking forward to watching them run all over and play in the grass and the baby pool. It will definitely be a lot different then when we were there last at the end of last summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley