Skip to main content

BIg Girl Room Continued

The girls' new bedding arrived this week.



I love it, but I'm still a little torn.  I had my heart set on painting their room a purple along the lines of this:

from Google Images

But I had a hard time finding bedding I liked that would go.  In hindsight, I probably should have checked out Etsy (a website where people sell their own home made stuff, i.e. jewelry, kids' clothes, hair bows, dog sweaters, purses, you get the idea).  I probably could have had something made in a fabric of my choice.  But who knows how long that would have taken, and it probably would have cost more.  These were only $30 for the 4-piece set.  Anyway, I really like this bedding but it's a bit more pink and less lilac than I thought (so hard to tell on a computer screen).  And even if it were more lilac like I thought, it still wouldn't go with that shade of purple.

There was another bedding set that I almost ordered instead that, turns out after seeing it in person at Target, would go with that color, and I thought about exchanging it but really didn't want the hassle of returning everything and then re-ordering the other one online and having to wait another few weeks (they only had twin size in the store, not toddler).  So I decided to stick with the owls, but now I'm trying to decide if I want to paint an orchid-y color like on the owl here:


or just leave it yellow and paint an orange accent wall.  Or both (orchid-y color with an orange accent wall).  Or maybe even green (the whole room).  Sigh.

Anyway, I still need to figure that out and then get the matching lamp (or some other lamp, maybe just a plain 'ol lamp with a matching shade) and either the matching vallance or some curtains.

Comments

Christina said…
I love that purple!!! I'm sure if you don't get it painted like that, it will still look great. The bedding is cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley