Skip to main content

Favorite Christmas Movies


Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Wow, I can't believe it's December already.  Today's Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge topic is favorite Christmas movies/specials, and now I'm totally in the mood to start watching them all, and I'm also going to try to find a bunch I've never seen on TV and watch those, too.

My all time favorite is Charlie Brown.  Every year my mom would make popcorn and my brother and I would curl up with our favorite pillows/blankets and watch.  And I love that they still play it on TV in this day and age of political correctness even though (gasp!) it mentions the birth of Christ as the real meaning of Christmas.  I'm surprised it hasn't been banned from network television.

Anyway, I have a couple favorites that most people probably don't think of as Christmas movies, but hey, they take place at Christmastime.

And then there's Christmas Vacation that we watch every Thanksgiving weekend, and one of my latest favorites, Elf.

Of course, I love all the classic specials like Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty the Snowman and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  When I was little I used to cry every time when Frosty melted, even though I knew he came back to life later.

It's funny that I never watched classics like It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, etc., until I was an adult.  I love those too, but didn't grow up watching them, for some reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley