Skip to main content

SRM Family Day

The fertility clinic we used to conceive the girls (Seattle Reproductive Medicine) hosted a day at the zoo today for all the families they helped create.  We got free admission, a free barbeque lunch and free face painting for the girls!  It was really fun.  We got to chat with our doctor for a bit and even ran into a couple from our church (not knowing they'd gone through SRM but we really don't know them that well).  We hadn't been to the zoo in over a year so it was fun to go back and this was the first time we didn't use a stroller, which was so nice.  I didn't take many pictures because by the time we were actually looking at animals (after lunch and all that) our phone battery was getting low.

Yay for all these infertility success stories!
 
Unicorn face painting

 

Riding the carousel (blurry because it went by so fast)

Comments

Jessica Anne said…
That is so amazing to see! Its just a miracle what they can do today to help people get pregnant!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley