Skip to main content

A Week in the Life - Monday

It's been a really long time since I've done a "Day in the Life" post--I'm pretty sure it was over a year ago, back when the girls were still napping (ah, memories...).  I definitely want to have a record to look back on in the months and years to come so I want to be sure to do one every so often.  I think once a season would be good.  But I've also really been wanting to do a whole week.  I almost did several months ago and never did and then for the last few months most of our weeks haven't been very typical.  But I think this week is actually going to fairly normal so I'm going to go for it.

Mondays are usually days that we don't go anywhere and I catch up on housework and do tons of laundry including bedding and bathroom rugs, etc.  Today I had extra because of our camping trip.

I woke up at 8:10, got a cup of coffee and turned on the Today show, mostly just to catch the weather.  Then I got on the computer until the girls got up at 8:45.  They watched Dora while I stayed on the computer for awhile, then I put in a load of laundry and started breakfast around 9:45.  Then I cleaned up from breakfast, did another load of laundry, swept the downstairs bathroom and vacuumed the stairs while the girls played with play-doh and colored.  By then it was around 11:00 and I finally got Kayley dressed (Olivia got dressed when she first got up) and then read them some Bible stories.

At 11:45 they had a snack of yogurt.  I did another load, swept the master bathroom, vacuumed downstairs and went through Friday's and Saturday's mail.  We had lunch around 1:00 and while the girls ate I planned meals for the rest of the week.

The girls spent the afternoon playing with their water table and doing Zumba (I have a CD of Zumba-type music that I won as a door prize the first time I went to a Zumba class and they LOVE to dance to it).  I sat outside and tried to read for a little bit but wasn't able to get much reading done.  A little after 3:00 I let them watch some of their Spongebob Squarpants DVD so I could get on the computer for a little bit, then we went back outside to ride bikes and play with sidewalk chalk until daddy got home at 4:15.  He normally would have been home about 3:40 but had to go to Costco on his way home to exchange the Pull-ups he bought in the wrong size (the girls still wear them to bed).  When he got home I went to the gym, got home at 6:00 and took my shower.  Then we grilled steaks for dinner.

At 8:00 I tried to watch the finale of The Bachelorette but the girls made that very difficult.  Trying to get them ready for bed just during the commercial breaks resulted in them not going to sleep until almost 9:30, but that's not too much later than normal anyway.  I finished watching The Bachelorette and the After the Final Rose special, then I wrote most of this and went to bed at 11:45.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley