Skip to main content

Summer Break: Week 2

Trying to play catch-up here.  Things got really busy once school got out.

The girls had Camp Invention last week.  I was right back to making lunches every night and getting all 3 of us up and ready in the mornings after a short break last week.  Back to not being "done" every night until 10:00.  Ugh.  Glad it's over.  I didn't take any pictures of any of it, either.

Camp Invention is really cool.  Every kid brings some sort of old electronic device that they can take apart.  I just went to Value Village and bought a couple cheap clock radios.  During the camp the take it apart and use the various parts to make other things, I guess.  They also bring a bunch of "upcycle items" to make stuff with, which can be anything like string, craft paper, buttons, straws, etc.  They also learn about famous inventors.

On the last day of camp, they had a "showcase" for the parents the last hour, where the parents get to walk around and see what all they did.  I left work early so I could go to that, and then we came home and finished packing for our first Crescent Bar trip of the summer.

We left Friday afternoon for Crescent Bar and came home yesterday.  Paul's parents were supposed to be there but his mom suffered a minor break in her leg so they didn't make the trip, so we last minute invited some friends to come.  They came on Saturday and stayed just one night, leaving Sunday.  It was a really fun trip.  They have done a lot of improvements at Crescent Bar, like adding some paved walking trails and more parks and picnic areas and a new playground, so it was great to explore all that.  Crescent Bar did their big fireworks last night and normally we would have stayed for that and came home today but our neighborhood has started doing their own big fireworks show every year (this will be the 2nd year), plus some friends of ours always have people over and our neighborhood always has a thing earlier in the day with bouncy houses, face painting and pony rides so we'll probably go to that.


The girls' friend Lindsay in the middle

A healthy breakfast of doughnuts (and cherries)

Kayley and Lindsay playing "chicken"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley