Skip to main content

Birthday Weekend

Today (Sunday) is my birthday!  Normally Paul and I would have had a date night (probably yesterday) and gone out to a nice dinner and maybe a movie or something but obviously that can't happen this year.  So we got take-out from Jak's Grill, a nice steak house in Issaquah.  I got the skewers.  It's skewers with filet and NY strip with Moroccan spices and a yummy gorgonzola sauce.


I set the table fancy (except not the china) just for the heck of it, since I never use most of that stuff.

Other than that, I just spent the day doing laundry and doing some purging/organizing.

Yesterday we went to Paul's parents for dinner and to help them put all their Christmas stuff back up on the garage shelves.  We took Kona for a nice long walk on the neighborhood trail and played a game before dinner.  It was a nice, low-key birthday weekend.


My favorite Costco cake.  They don't make the huge sheet cakes anymore (not that we need one that big, obviously) so we had this smaller round one.  I snapped this after I already blew the candles out, oops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley