Skip to main content

Happy Conception Day!

Three years ago today the 2 embryos that would become Olivia and Kayley were placed in my uterus.  It was a Saturday, and we weren't sure until that morning if it would take place that day (day 3) or the following Monday (day 5).  Based on the quality and number of embryos, the RE decided to do it that day (not sure why--the 2 we transfered were pretty good and we probably could have gone to day 5 and only transfered 1, but I guess we had a better chance transfering 2 on day 3.  You just never know...).  I got the call bright and early that morning.  Aagghhh!

After the procedure I of course had to pee really bad (you have to have a full bladder for the transfer) but they make you lie on the table for 20 minutes or so before you can get up.  When I could finally get up to go pee, I was thinking "well, even if this doesn't work and I don't become pregnant, at least I am right this second.  I have 2 embryos in my uterus so technically I'm pregnant, if only for a few minutes".

Well, those few minutes turned into 8 months and 5 days (40 weeks minus the first 2 weeks that you're not really pregnant minus 2 more weeks since the girls were born at 38 weeks minus the 3 days between fertilization and transfer.  How's that for pregnancy math?).  Happy Conception Day, Sweet Peas!

Comments

Memorial Day weekend will always be really special for me...we had our retrieval on the Thursday before, and our transfer the day after Memorial Day. What a sweet memory. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...