Skip to main content

Memorial Day at the Zoo

The girls got a zoo pass for their birthday and we had yet to use it so we had the grand idea of taking them yesterday.  But, being Memorial Day and all, it of coursed rained.  And like a complete moron who should have totally known better, I didn't bring anyone's raincoats or even an umbrella (it was barely sprinkling when we left our house).  Duh!  I guess I was thinking that if it was that bad we'd just leave, since with the zoo pass we can go anytime (for a year) and it doesn't cost us anything (except $5.00 to park).  Anyway, it was kind of miserable.  There was a light rain when we got there (more than what we had at home when we left) and it just started raining harder and harder the longer we were there.  But it wasn't cold, so we were ok just dashing in-between covered areas and trees and what-not.  Meanwhile, we got to see the giraffes up close, being moved from one area to another which was really cool and had good views of the elephants and some oragutans.  But as we got wetter we got cold and that's when it really turned miserable.  So we found the indoor reptile house and got to warm up in there while we looked at snakes and lizards and turtles, which the girls really got a kick out of.  After that, the rain finally let up but we decided it was time to go as we had packed a picnic lunch but there was nowhere dry to eat it.  I fed the girls in the car and we got home just in time for their nap.  All in all, it was still a fun time but we're going to go again on a nice day.





The girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley