Skip to main content

Let's Look: Things We Outsource Without Regret

Today I am linking up with Erika and Shay for a series they do called Let’s Look, where they "look" at various aspects of their lives.


Today’s topic is what we outsource without regret.

At first, I didn’t think I outsource anything but then I remembered a few things.

Meal planning - It's only a small percentage that gets outsourced but it helps. We get Hello Fresh for 2 meals per week most weeks, and I love not having to worry about what’s for dinner those two days.


The rental of our Crescent Bar condo. This was kind of built in, because we were gifted the unit from Paul’s parents and they were already doing that with their other unit and most of the owners do, and so it just kind of naturally happened that way.  Every now and then we will rent it on our own to someone we know but mostly it’s through the rental company.

Car maintenance - I don't know very many people who do their own but I know there are some, just not us.

Dog nail trims - I do the cats myself, but I don't trust myself or anyone else in the family to do Kona's. I'm convinced I would cut them too short and hurt her or something.

That's about it.  For several years we had a housekeeper, but she moved away a few years ago and we never replaced her since the girls are older and can do more to help out and life just isn't as busy and chaotic as it once was.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley