Skip to main content

Weekend with Friends at Crescent Bar

 Well, I haven't been keeping up with my weekly summer break recaps.  Not a whole lot to report anyway, given the fact that all our vacations were cancelled and we obviously aren't doing a whole lot.  But we have gone to Crescent Bar several times.  We went again this last weekend and brought friends this time.

We went Thursday night, and then on Friday we drove to Lake Chelan and rented a pontoon boat.  The girls and husbands did some tubing but otherwise we just cruised around the lake, stopped and floated here and there and swam a little.

When we got back to Crescent Bar we took the paddle board out on the river and just relaxed with some wine.

On Saturday, we went wine tasting, then later we rented Wave Runners.  It was pretty windy, though, so the water was choppy and we were getting sprayed a lot and it wasn't all that enjoyable, unfortunately.  But all in all, it was a really fun weekend.

View from winery


A lovely white called "Rousanne"

Paul and Kayley

Add caption

The girls and their friend

Posing on the wave runner

Olivia and Lindsay with matching sunglasses

Dads and daughters



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley