Skip to main content

Boston and Washington, D.C., Part 1

In late June, the girls and I went to DC and Boston.  Our school district plans this trip every year for the 8th graders.  It's through a third party, World Strides, is optional and they don't necessarily always go to Boston (sometimes it's NYC or Philadelphia), but always DC.

Anyway, we started out on a red eye flight to Boston on a Friday night, landing around 7 AM and going straight to the Hard Rock Cafe (which I believe closed permanently right after) for breakfast. Then we went to Concord, Lexington, Harvard and Fenway Park. The next day we did part of the Freedom Trail (Massachusetts State House, Boston Massacre site, Granary Burying Ground, and other stuff. but unfortunately not Paul Revere's house) and then Plimoth Patuxet Museum, Plymoth Rock and the Mayflower II (replica), then flew to DC.


The North Bridge in Concord, where the first shots of the American Revolution were fired.


A dorm at Harvard, possibly where Matt Damon lived, I think they said)


Our group in front of some library

The Green Monster


View from the Green Monster seats



Massachusetts State House


Park Street Church. Not the shot I would have liked be we were moving so fast.

John Hancock's grave

Granary Burying Ground


Old South Meeting House

Boston Massacre Site. Too many people and too rushed to get a decent shot.

The group in front of the Mayflower II


I absolutely loved Boston, and really want to go back some day to see the rest of the Freedom Trail and, of course, Cheers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...