Skip to main content

Christmas and New Year's Eve 2014

I survived my first Christmas as a working mother.  I didn't bake much, didn't finish my shopping until the weekend before Christmas, barely got cards out in time (at least I got them out!) and didn't finish wrapping until the 23rd, but I survived.  Actually, that was usually the case even when I wasn't working, so I guess it didn't make much difference.

It was my family's year to have us so we went to my one of my brother's and sister-in-law's house in Mount Vernon on Christmas Eve.  I actually had to work that day but got off around 1:00.  The girls had a blast playing with their 2nd cousins, as always.

On Christmas Day we did gifts and stockings with just the 4 of us, and later Paul's parents and sister, who was visiting from Colorado, came over.



Elsa and Barbie styling heads

Paul and I both had to work the next day so the girls went home with them and stayed there until Saturday and then we all met back up at some friends of theirs home for a gathering.  The girls and their Aunt Cheryl loved having extra time together and Paul and I got a rare date night and went to dinner at a new Thai place and saw the movie Unbroken.

For the 3rd year in a row some friends down the street whose daughter is one of the girls' best friends had a small New Year's Eve party at their house.  They play the east coast feed of the ball dropping (9:00 our time) so the kids can watch before going to bed.

Olivia, Savannah, Kayley

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley