Skip to main content

Weigh-in Wednesday - Up and Down

Pretty Strong Medicine


So 2 weeks ago I skipped my weigh-in because of slacking off and then last week I skipped the weekly post altogether.  But I've since turned things around and am back on track.

I've logged 2 good work outs so far this week.  On Monday I did C25K week 3 day 1 plus extra walking to equal 30 total minutes of cardio and then I did chest, shoulders and triceps.  Yesterday I did day 2 of C25K week 3 and legs.  Paul will be getting home later than usual for the rest of this week so I'm hoping the weather will cooperate so that I can just walk/run outside, as I won't have time to go to squeeze in the gym before dinner with him getting home later, or I could go after dinner but I don't really like to.

So, after losing 7 pounds in April, I have since gained 8 (that's right-EIGHT) and lost 5.  OK, I probably didn't really gain 8.  That's what the scale said last Thursday but the very next day I was down 2.6 or 2.8 or something, so whatever.  That always happens after I've been "bad".  Anyway, I am now down just 4 pounds since the beginning of April.  Oh well, at least I'm down.  And I'm back on track, for now, so hopefully I will soon re-lose those other 3 and then a few more before my next set-back.  Sigh.

Comments

Unknown said…
The scale is a crazy mofo. I was up ELEVEN pounds after 2 days. I celebrated my birthday and apparently gained that much. It's down most of that now though. You can't always trust that crazy thing!

Way to get back on track- nice work outs :)

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

Goofy Girls

Throughout the year I've caught the girls doing cute/funny/silly/downright weird stuff and snapped a picture with the intent to blog it but never got around to it.  So here's a sample of some of the things they've been up to in the last several months. Animal parade...or something? Olivia with head through swimsuit bottoms School for their animals.  Coloring books for school books. Animal school close-up Using the water table as feed trough for stick horses Using step ladder as a hair salon