Skip to main content

Summer Camp

The girls went to summer camp for the first time last week.  It was a YMCA camp.  I thought they'd love it, but unfortunately it didn't go that well.

When I dropped them off Monday morning, I was informed that we still had some paperwork to fill out.  I thought Paul had taken care of all that but apparently not.  So I got it all filled out and finally left for work and all was well.  Then, instead of picking them up right away when he got home from work (he gets home around 3:40 and the bus was due back at the Y between 3:45 and 4:00), he left them there for awhile so he could do some things around the house.  We had paid for "wrap-around" care, thinking that we would need it a few of the days.  When he finally went to pick them up around 4:30 they were both crying.  I guess most of the other kids (maybe all of their fellow camp kids) were picked up right away and they were upset to be left there, even though there were activities and what-not.

So Kayley whined all Monday evening and Tuesday morning about not wanting to go.  She was crying the whole morning on Tuesday as we were getting ready and having breakfast and all that and then when we got there and I went to sign them in she stayed by the car and refused to leave.  I had to literally drag her over to the waiting area (they took a bus to a different location) and then she tried to break away and run back to the car.  It was a nightmare.  I had to stay with her until it was time to get on the bus and then I could finally leave for work.

Wednesday and Thursday were better and by Friday she was tear-free, as it was the last day.  Each night she would excitedly tell me about everything they did and she seemed to really have fun but for some reason she just didn't want to go come morning.  She would just prefer for me to still be home with them and not have to go to work, bottom line (her and me both!).

It was a rough week.  It was like school all over again, making lunches the night before, rushing around every morning getting all three of us ready, etc.  They are supposed to go to a Girl Scout camp in August and now I'm worried about how that's going to go.  I hope it's goes better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap