Skip to main content

Olivia's New Room

A few months ago we moved Olivia out of their shared room (now just Kayley's room) and into her own room that was formerly our office/guest room.  So far, we have painted the room a sea green color and purchased another dresser, a bookshelf (that we have yet to put together) and two nightstands (one for each room.  They never had one before because there wasn't room).


Her picture of a lemur for her African animal project at school


We're going to replace this dollhouse/bookshelf with a more grown-up bookshelf
(the aforementioned one that we bought and haven't put together yet) and we'll eventually put a desk here



Olivia kept the same bed but Kayley traded hers in for what was formerly the guest bed, moving up from a twin to a full and thus getting all new bedding (and a new frame).  We offered to get Olivia a full also but she is happy with her twin for now, but we did get her new bedding as well.

New bed frame and bedding

The mattress sits too high and covers this bookshelf, but I think it's because we're not supposed to use a box spring with this one.  So next trip to the dump we'll get rid of it and then it will look better.

Same dresser, new light from Ikea
 

New bedding and nightstand


Cool storage shelf


Another new lamp from Target


And this is where the desk will go when we get one.


So it's getting there, but we still need desks, curtains, wall art and other final touches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...