Skip to main content

10

Wednesday the girls turned 10.  Double digits.  A whole decade.  Half way to 20.  More than half way to adulthood.  Crazy.

They didn't want a big party this year.  Instead, they wanted dinner at the Melting Pot with a few close friends and a sleepover with a few other friends.  Done.

So last Saturday we went to the Melting Pot.  Such a fun place and so good, especially the chocolate fondue for dessert!


The girls with our close family friend, Lindsay.




We had Thai take-out (their favorite!) for dinner on their actual birthday on Wednesday and then last night was the sleepover.  And Paul left me alone with them to go night skiing, but that's ok because this morning I am leaving him alone to make breakfast for them while I go to a painting class with a friend.

Their birthday celebrations always seem to drag on for a whole week.  I'm glad it's finally over.


Vanilla ice cream cake

Olivia and her newish friend Leila.  Hard to see, but she got a stuffed pug.  Olivia loves pugs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley