Skip to main content

Christmas Eve Eve

This is one of those rare mornings that despite not having to work (I took today and tomorrow off and go back to work on Thursday) I was ready to get up way earlier than normal and now I'm sitting at the computer with a cup of coffee and the house is really quiet because the girls are still asleep and Paul just left to go the gym and run errands.  It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a morning like this.

So tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  Wow.  We shook things up this year and are having Paul's parents come here and then on Christmas Day we are going to my brother and sister-in-law's.  My side of the family alternates Christmas Eve/Christmas Day every year, and since we go up there every other year, it was always on Christmas Eve.  Normally we would have gone up there last year on Christmas Eve and this would be our year to go to Paul's parents', but last year we decided we wanted to start going up there on the years they do Christmas Day, because it was hard to get up there on Christmas Eve because one or both of us sometimes are working that day, but now Paul has a different position and more seniority so he is able to always take Christmas Eve off so it is no longer an issue, so starting next year we are going back to our old routine.

Anyway, it's been a pretty good December/Christmas season so far.  We had my work party last weekend on Friday, and then a friend's party the next night.  This last Saturday night we went out to dinner and then did our annual drive around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.  Last night we met friends in Bellevue for Snowflake Lane (they close down a section of street and do a parade with fake snow and music and everything every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve).  I baked a bunch of cookies this year for the first time in several years, and I had my first and last Eggnog latte of the season (I love them but one is enough).





And a random picture of gorgeous Mount Si rising above the clouds taken from my car while stopped at a stop light.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley