Skip to main content

Super Bowl Champions!



The Seahawks are Super Bowl Champions for the 2nd time ever!  We had a great time at our friends' house watching the game.  It was just them and us, so it was easy to actually watch the game, whereas usually when we're there for the SB the guys go upstairs to watch and the women gather downstairs and mostly talk and occasionally glance at the TV.






My love of the Seahawks started back in '82 when I was in 8th grade.  My parents were diehards and had season tickets but watched all the away (and some home) games at home.  So, I had been exposed since their inception in '76, but never cared or paid attention.  One day in 8th grade I just started watching and things started clicking.  I started to understand the concept of the four downs and it all started to make sense.  Then in '83 my parents got divorced, so I got to go to some of the games with either parent, usually my dad.  The seahawks were having a great season in '83, and I went to the last game of the regular season with my dad and if they won, they would make the playoffs for the first time ever.  They won!  And then they won the wildcard game.  And they won the divisional game.  And then they played the Raiders in the AFC championship game (they are in the NFC now but were in the AFC then).  If they won, they would have gone to the Super Bowl.  They had already beaten the Raiders twice during the regular season.  They lost.  GAH!!!!  THEY LOST!!!  Fast forward to 2005/2006 they finally made it for the first time.  Sadly, they lost.  They made it back in 2014 (2013 season) and won, and miraculously made it again the next year, but lost.  And now they finally made it again and won.  I'm so happy and proud.

As for their 2014 win, I was especially happy that my dad got to see them win one in his lifetime, as he was about to turn 79 at the time.  He is almost 91 now and lived to see a second win.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley