Skip to main content

30 Day Shred

Friday was day 30 of the 30 Day Shred! I have completed 6 consecutive weeks of 5 days a week. Unfortunately, I've only lost about 5 pounds--not exactly "shredded". I had lost 7.2 as of a few weeks ago but I kind of fell off the healthy eating wagon Superbowl weekend and have gained a few back. I'm going to try and get back on track and hope to lose 3 pounds by the girls' birthday on the 28th.

Speaking of the girls' birthday, I can't believe it's almost here! They're almost one! Kayley started walking on my birthday (just before they turned 11 months) and Olivia is taking a step ot two here and there. I think she'll be walking by their birthday. I'm a little sad that they won't be babies anymore (sniff) but I'm also looking forward to all the fun things we'll get to do when they're a little older.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley