Skip to main content

Random Things

Potty training is going a little better.  There was a day last week where Kayley stayed dry most of the day, and Olivia has gone poop several times in the last week or so, as well as had long periods of dryness.  They do really well as long as I stay on top of it and take them to the potty every hour or so, but there are days that I just get busy with things and drop the ball, or if I am diligent about taking them I'm just a bit too late each time.  But, it's getting better.

Their 3rd birthday is rapidly approaching.  We're doing a princess theme, and I keep debating if I want to attempt to make this (from Parenting magazine):


or just get a princess cake from Costco.  I'm leaning toward Costco, because the one above would probably cost me almost as much in ingredients, and I'd still have to supplement it with some cupcakes because I don't think it will be enough for 25 people.  It sure is cute, though!  We'll see.

The girls are really, even more so, starting to pick up on things/phrases we say.  For instance, I often get an ambigious response when I ask one of them a question such as, "do you want more juice?" or "do you want to go to the park?", so I'll say "is that a "yes" or a "no?".  Now, I often overhear Olivia asking Kayley, "is that a "yes" or a "no?"  It's pretty funny.  Then, yesterday in Target I was looking at something and Olivia was trying to get me to go back to the toy department for some toy puppy she had seen and she loudly blurted out, "let's go already!"  I about died laughing right there in the store.  Not that I ever say that or anything...

Kayley came down with a cold last night, so we didn't get to go to storytime today and we're supposed to get their 3-year pictures done this Saturday but might have to postpone that.  Also, we're supposed to go to a friend's Super Bowl party on Sunday and I'll be really bummed if we have to miss that.  But, so far they've gotten fewer colds this year than previous years so I'm thankful for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley