Skip to main content

Zoo

It was a goregous day today and our zoo pass expires at the end of the month, so we decided to take the girls to the zoo.  First we went to lunch at the iconic Red Mill Burgers.  In all my years living and/or hanging out in or around Seattle, I had never been.  It was definitely tasty.



Then it was on to the zoo.  First stop was the penguins, then a ride on the historic carousel, and then all the other "amiwols".












The girls were worn out and fell asleep in the car, but when we got home they still weren't ready to wake up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley