Skip to main content

Go Hawks!

I can't believe I have yet to blog in 2014.  I think this is my longest drought since I started blogging a little over 5 years ago.  It's just hard to find time even with the girls in Kindergarten, there's always so many things I want to do with that 4-hour chunk of time.  Anyway, here's what's going on.

The Seahawks are going to the SUPERBOWL!  Yay!  I'm super excited.  I've been a huge fan since the early 80s (they started in '76 but I was only 7 and didn't care about football, but came around when I was in Jr. High) and this is only the second time they've ever made it and the first time (2006) they lost due to some bad calls.  Here's a cute video someone posted on Facebook.



We'll be watching the game at the same friends' house we go to every year.  Usually all the women hang out downstairs while the guys watch it upstairs and it's hard to actually watch the game because they're all talking and what-not, and usually I don't really care because I'm mostly just interested in the commercials, but this year is different.  With the Seahawks being in it I really want to actually watch the game plus I really want to experience it with my husband, not in a separate room, so I may have to hang out upstairs with the guys for at least some of the time.  But I think even the women will be more into the actual game this year anyway with the Seahawks being in it, so we'll see.  I bought t-shirts for me and the girls (Paul already has one plus a sweatshirt) so we'll all be decked out.  I can't wait.



GO HAWKS!!!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap