Skip to main content

Valentine's Day, Penguins and Weekly Goals Update

This is late, but last week I mentioned that my goal for the week was to workout at least 3 times.  Here's how it went.  Kayley got sick on Super Bowl Sunday and didn't go to school on Monday (the 3rd).  I can't remember what I did Monday late afternoon/early evening (when I normally would've gone to the gym), but I didn't go to the gym for some reason.  Then Tuesday both girls were sick and stayed home from school, so I ended up grocery shopping Tuesday during my normal gym time.  Wednesday I actually did go to the gym, so that was one out of three.  Thursday evening I volunteered for the book fair at the girls' school, and Friday is our Bible study night but even though we didn't go since the girls were just getting better and we were tired from all the middle of the night wake-ups all week I still didn't go to the gym (because, like I said, I was tired).  I didn't go Saturday either because I had so much I wanted to do that I didn't get to do all week with them being sick and home from school (one or the other or both were home the entire week, except Friday was their normal Friday off).

SO, while I was going to have a different goal for this week (but still try to workout regularly, of course), I had the same goal instead:  Workout a minimum of 3 times.  I went to the gym Monday and Wednesday but that was it.  School was cancelled on Monday because of snow (there was none in our neighborhood and I don't think there was much around their school but they were being extra cautious because I guess the one day back in December that it really did snow and they probably should have cancelled school 3 teachers got in car accidents on the way to school), on Wednesday they had an Antarctica fair at school (read their penguin reports for the parents and had a special snack) and Thursday I volunteered in their class, so I only had Tuesday and Friday to do whatever and I was really behind from them being home all week last week (so chose not to go to the gym during school).  I should have gone today but I'm still in catch up mode.

Anyway, I'm going to once again shoot for 3 workouts next week, but my official goal for the week is just to eat healthier and stick to my calorie budget (~1500/day).  Between having baked treats for our Sunday School class at church last week and Valentine's day treats it was a bad week of too much crap, so I'm going to focus on getting back on track with diet.

But enough of that.  Yesterday for Valentine's day we got a rare date night.  Paul's parents babysat and we went to an early dinner at Boxley's.  Unfortunately, the live music didn't start until 7:00 and our reservation was for 5:00 because we only made it just earlier this week, so we missed out on that and that was the main reason we picked that restaurant.  So after dinner we went to the Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls instead and had a glass of wine in their lounge.  It was a nice evening.

I got this pretty bouquet of flowers and some chocolate, and I gave Paul a box of his favorite See's chocolates. 



Grandma made the girls this cute candy bouquet.



Kayley's award for her penguin report

Olivia's award

Kayley giving her report

Kayley's report

Olivia giving her report

Olivia's report


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap