Skip to main content

A Typical Week: Monday

I have SO much catching up to do but I'm going to leave that for another post because starting today I want to do a daily post for an entire week documenting what our typical week looks like right now.  I haven't done that in a really long time and I will want to have a record to look back on someday.

I have to say, school is so hard!  Not for the girls, for US!  We don't get to come home from work and relax, or exercise, or pretty much anything but fix dinner, eat, clean up, do homework, read with the girls for 20 minutes (they can read on their own now (yay!) but of course they always want us to listen, so instead of getting lunch ready for the next day I still have to sit and listen to them read.  Sigh.), bedtime routine and make lunches and do other prep for the next day.  Sometimes I'm not done until 10:00, and then I end up staying up too late because I can't just go right to bed, I have to have some time to just wind down with a little TV or reading.

So here was today:

I got up at 6:30, which is too late to shower so I just got my hair wet and blow dried it.  The girls got up at 7:45, which is about the latest they can get up and be ready on time.  They got dressed, brushed their hair and came downstairs for breakfast.  They ate while I made my smoothie and finished packing their lunches (mostly made the night before, yay).  We had a relatively smooth morning despite getting up kind of late and all was well until it was time to go to the bus stop and Olivia decided she wanted a particular sweatshirt that was upstairs, so she went up to get it and I kept calling to her to hurry up and they almost missed the bus but didn't.

I left for work at 8:32 and got there at 9:10.  At noon I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and was relieved to have lost 0.6 instead of gaining because I haven't been really trying for the last couple of weeks and have been eating a lot of crap but not much else so I guess it evened out :).  But I'm back on track today and will try to post more about my weight loss efforts in another post soon.

I left work at  5:55 but I had to stop for gas so I didn't get home until almost 7 and Paul and the girls were still at their soccer game.  Usually I try to go (and get there late) but I didn't tonight because I was later than usual and had a lot to do (not that I ever don't).  While they were still at soccer I ate my dinner (white chicken chili), swept the kitchen floor and took the garbage out.  By then they were back so they got in their pjs, brushed their teeth and then we did our 20 minutes of reading and they went to bed around 8:30, after which I did some prep for tomorrow and then sat down to type this.  It is now 9:40 and I still need to go make a meatloaf for tomorrow's dinner and then I'm going to either read or watch a little TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap