Monday, September 28, 2015

A Typical Week: Monday

I have SO much catching up to do but I'm going to leave that for another post because starting today I want to do a daily post for an entire week documenting what our typical week looks like right now.  I haven't done that in a really long time and I will want to have a record to look back on someday.

I have to say, school is so hard!  Not for the girls, for US!  We don't get to come home from work and relax, or exercise, or pretty much anything but fix dinner, eat, clean up, do homework, read with the girls for 20 minutes (they can read on their own now (yay!) but of course they always want us to listen, so instead of getting lunch ready for the next day I still have to sit and listen to them read.  Sigh.), bedtime routine and make lunches and do other prep for the next day.  Sometimes I'm not done until 10:00, and then I end up staying up too late because I can't just go right to bed, I have to have some time to just wind down with a little TV or reading.

So here was today:

I got up at 6:30, which is too late to shower so I just got my hair wet and blow dried it.  The girls got up at 7:45, which is about the latest they can get up and be ready on time.  They got dressed, brushed their hair and came downstairs for breakfast.  They ate while I made my smoothie and finished packing their lunches (mostly made the night before, yay).  We had a relatively smooth morning despite getting up kind of late and all was well until it was time to go to the bus stop and Olivia decided she wanted a particular sweatshirt that was upstairs, so she went up to get it and I kept calling to her to hurry up and they almost missed the bus but didn't.

I left for work at 8:32 and got there at 9:10.  At noon I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and was relieved to have lost 0.6 instead of gaining because I haven't been really trying for the last couple of weeks and have been eating a lot of crap but not much else so I guess it evened out :).  But I'm back on track today and will try to post more about my weight loss efforts in another post soon.

I left work at  5:55 but I had to stop for gas so I didn't get home until almost 7 and Paul and the girls were still at their soccer game.  Usually I try to go (and get there late) but I didn't tonight because I was later than usual and had a lot to do (not that I ever don't).  While they were still at soccer I ate my dinner (white chicken chili), swept the kitchen floor and took the garbage out.  By then they were back so they got in their pjs, brushed their teeth and then we did our 20 minutes of reading and they went to bed around 8:30, after which I did some prep for tomorrow and then sat down to type this.  It is now 9:40 and I still need to go make a meatloaf for tomorrow's dinner and then I'm going to either read or watch a little TV.

No comments: