Skip to main content

Like Old Times

The girls have half-days this week for parent-teacher conferences.  Our conferences were yesterday so I took the day off.  That means I had 4 blissful hours in the morning to do whatever I wanted.
 
One thing I had been dying to do was to go through our house room by room and document everything I want to do, like paint or get a certain piece of furniture or whatever.  Another thing I'd been dying to do was go through all of their toys and purge and organize.  They have SO many toys that they never play with but whenever there's a garage sale or consignment sale and I try to get rid of stuff they never let me.  So I went through and put a bunch of stuff away to see if they even miss them and if not, they are out of here at the next consignment or garage sale!
 
Anyway, it was so nice to have a few hours to myself, at home, and to actually be there when they got home from school.  They loved it, too.  It was just like back in Kindergarten when I wasn't working yet and they only had half days.  I miss those days, but at the same time I like that they are more self-sufficient and independent, and I like having more money :)
 
And just so this isn't a picture-less post, here's a photo I snapped of a Christmas tree in the lobby at work.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley