Skip to main content

A Typical Day These Days

I am long overdue for a Typical Day post.  I like to document our daily routine every now and then to have something to look back on.  So here is our current routine.

Between 6:15 and 6:30 - Alarm goes off, I may or may not get up.  If I decide to go without a shower and put my hair in ponytail, I reset the alarm for 7:00 :)

7:40 - Done getting ready for work, get the girls up.

7:45 - Breakfast

8:15 - Leave for school/work.  I drop the girls off on my way.

9:00 - 5:30, give or take - Work

3:15ish - Girls get home from school and are alone for 15 or 20 minutes until Paul gets home.

3:35 - Paul gets home.  Girls do their homework.

6:15 or 6:30 - I get home.  Paul and the girls have usually already eaten.  I eat and then clean up the kitchen, go through their school papers and the mail, make lunches and other next day prep.

8:00 - help with bedtime routine, instrument practice, fold laundry, etc.

Anywhere between 8:45 and 10:00 - Finally done for the night and can have my "me" time before bed.

Tuesday variation

6:30ish - Get home from work, Kayley has piano lesson (at home).  Eat, clean up, etc.

7:15 - Leave to pick up Olivia from gymnastics.  It ends at 7:40 but I try to get there a little early to watch for a bit.

8:00 - Home from gymnastics, finish homework and start bedtime routine.

Wednesday variation

Paul gets home at his normal 3:35, then at 4:40 it's off to Olivia's 5:00 violin lesson.  Often they will go out to Subway or something for dinner, but not always.  On the first Wednesday of the month they will grab something before violin and then go straight to their Girl Scout meeting right after, from which I pick them up at 7:30.

This has been our routine since mid November when soccer ended, but as of tomorrow we are adding dance classes on Mondays.  We're dreading it, but Kayley needs to do something active and Olivia really wants to do dance, so we decided to give it a try for one series and see how they like it.  It is just until May and then if Olivia really likes it she will then have to chose between that and gymnastics because we can't do both on top of violin and Kayley's piano.  And to further complicate things, she wanted to do modern dance and Kayley is doing hip hop, so they're not even in the same class, but at least their classes are back-to-back on the same day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley