Skip to main content

First Post of 2017

It has been an awesome 10 days.  I have had 8 out of the last 10 days off!  Christmas Eve through the 27th, then I worked on the 28th and 29th, and now I've been off since the 30th.  It has been so nice to finally have some time to do something besides work, clean, shop, cook, make lunches, etc.  (Speaking of making lunches, I just realized this morning that I will have to make lunches TONIGHT for the first time in over 2 weeks.  Blah.)  Last Tuesday, the 27th, Olivia and I spent the day together just the two of us because Kayley went to an overnight birthday party at Great Wolf Lodge (Olivia didn't want to go because I wasn't going to be there) and Paul went skiing with a friend.  We went to the library, then to Michael's, then out to lunch at Red Robin, then to the pet store.  Once we got home we painted some canvases.  It was awesome.  I bought a bunch of painting supplies back in June or July and they sat in a closet unused until last Tuesday.  Sigh.

Anyway, we had our annual New Year's Eve party at a friend's down the street.  We always watch the East coast feed of the ball dropping at 9:00 and then we used to come home shortly after (then I would be the only one to stay up until midnight watching the Space Needle fireworks), but this year we stayed until midnight.  Then on New Year's Day we woke up to a few inches of snow.




We got all of our Christmas decorations put away yesterday and I was able to work on some other projects throughout the weekend so it's been a productive few days.

I plan on taking the girls to see Sing today but we'll see.  We were going to go on Saturday but then a friend came over and that was the end of that.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley