Skip to main content

9th Birthday Party

The girls' 9th birthday was Tuesday (February 28th) and we had their party last Saturday (February 25th) at an ice arena.  They skated for an hour and a half, and then we had a party room for an hour.  It was a fun party, not horribly expensive and not much work on our part.

This was supposed to be them posing with their cake, but you can't even see the cake because it's so bright.  I'm pretty sure the flash wasn't on but my phone camera has a mind of it's own.

Kayley in the middle

Kayley being Kayley

Sweet freinds

Staying close to the rail!


The whole gang

When I ordered the cake, I asked for anything ice skating related.  A friend had recently had an ice skating party and had a cake from the same place with ice skates on it.  But when Paul went to pick it up, they said they didn't have ice skates and he ended up getting horses instead.  I thought they could just draw on some skates with icing or whatever but I guess not.  So we put all the horse stuff on (2 horses, trees and a fence) but then I decided I would try to draw on some skates myself, so I did.  But I decided to leave one horse and the trees.

The in-laws were coming over for dinner after the party, and I wasn't sure if there would be enough cake left over (there wasn't), so I made an extra with a Minecraft theme.  I made a creeper face with black gel and then just put on a bunch of little figurines the girls had.




Comments

Wenni Donna said…
Such a lovely birthday party. Children must have a great time especially the birthday girl. It reminded me of my niece who recently celebrated her birthday at venue New York. It was a grand party arranged by an event planner. Everyone liked and enjoyed the day a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...