Skip to main content

Dance Recital and a Hike

Olivia had her dance recital the weekend before Memorial Day.  She took Hip Hop plus Dance Troupe, the latter of which performs in a big production, in this case The Little Mermaid.  Both sets of grandparents came to watch and then we had a belated Mother's Day barbeque after.




 

Olivia is on the right by the shell


The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend we went on a hike.  It was a hike I'd been wanting to do since the late '90s and just never have.  It goes to Lake Talapus first and then continues on to Lake Ollalie, but the latter part was too snowy and Olivia didn't want to go in the first place, let alone keep going even further so we just went to Talapus and back.





The next weekend Paul and the girls went with their friend Abby and her dad and another friend to Great Wolf Lodge for an early birthday celebration for Abby.  That meant I got most of a weekend all to myself!  Between laundry and walking the dog I of course didn't manage to do nearly as much as I'd hoped, but I did get a few scrapbook pages done and worked on choosing a paint color for the living room.

The girls have just two more days of school.  Tuesday is their last day and they get out at 11:55.  I took the day off, so I will have just under 3 hours to myself in the morning to do whatever, then the 3 of us will do something after school, not sure what yet.  One of their friends usually has a last-day-of-school party but I haven't heard anything about it yet so we'll see.  Our summer nanny will be here on Wednesday, but then she wasn't available for Thursday and Friday (she will start full-time on Monday the 18th) so Paul took Thursday off and I will work from home on Friday.  I can't believe that in less than 3 months they will start their LAST year of elementary school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now I'm also