Skip to main content

Last Day of 4th Grade

Today was the last day of school!  REALLY early for us--we normally don't get out until like between the 17th and 20th, give or take.  But we had a really short Christmas break and no snow days this year, so I guess that's why.

I took the day off and Kona and I walked the girls most of the way to school.  When it was time to turn around, Kona did NOT want to go the opposite direction as them and kept pulling really hard trying to follow them, then at one point I dropped the leash and she was running loose but mostly just backing up because she was dragging the leash handle and it was scaring her...it was so embarrassing because there was a lot of school traffic and people around witnessing the whole thing, ugh.



But once we finally made it home I had a nice quiet morning to myself to get some things done around the house.  But it was only for about 3 hours (which of course went lightning quick) because school got out at 11:55.  Kona and I walked to meet the girls, and then I took them to MOD pizza for lunch with their friend Sydney.  While we were there three of the four 4th grade teachers, which included both of theirs, showed up, so that was kind of funny/cool.  After lunch we went across the parking lot to Bartell's to pick up some stuff and get ice cream (our Bartell Drugs sells hard ice cream and growlers of beer!).  Then we went to the library because I needed to return a book and I figured why not have them get started on their summer reading, and they were game.  After getting books I dropped them off at Sydney's house where they were going to proceed to build a fort and then "read".  Yeah, right.

Anyway, while they were there I got to work planting more containers.



Now, I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow.  Whenever I have a random day off like today or when they are sick or something, it's always so nice to have that time to get caught up on stuff but it always makes me long for more.  Sigh.  Never enough time.

Oh, and when I picked up the girls from Sydney's I asked them if they really did read and, surprise, no they did not.  But they played outside so yay for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap