Skip to main content

Backyard Improvements

 In mid-June, we made some improvements to our backyard.  We extended our patio with all new pavers, replaced a portion of the fence, tore out most of the plants and replaced with mostly new (a few we salvaged and replanted) and laid all new sod.  I should say, we didn't do all this, we hired a landscape company to do it.

Here is what it looked like before:

Our tiny, long and narrow yard



Over the years we had just planted a hodge-podge of things, no real plan, no rhyme or reason



And here is what it looks like now:

Patio extended past the gate (just past the house on the left) and all the way to the fence on the right side.



Excuse the crap in the back corner there...




That blueberry bush was existing, so probably doesn't look as nice as something else would have, but man, it gives good berries!




And with furniture:

We're going to get a bigger table eventually but haven't found one yet.



During Construction



After we got back from Branson I planted some flowers in containers:






Nothing Pinterest worthy, but still way better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley