Skip to main content

Mini Goal Reached

Well, I did it! I finally lost all the baby weight as of my birthday last Saturday! Plus an extra 0.2 pounds. And since then I've lost another 2 pounds, for a total loss of 7.2 pounds! Whoo-hoo! So now I'm working on getting down to my wedding weight by our anniversary on May 13th. I have 9.2 pounds to lose to make that goal. That's 3 1/2 months away so it should be doable. I'm still doing the 30 Day Shred workout 5 days a week. Today was day 18. So I have tomorrow and Friday plus two more weeks to go. After that, my plan is to do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week and 20 minutes of strength 3 times a week. However, it may be very difficult to find the time. I guess I'm thinking that I could take the girls for a daily afternoon walk for the cardio (weather permitting!) and do the strength in the late afternoon after Paul gets home from work. On days where the weather is crappy I can do a DVD. It might be challenging but I think it'll work.

Today is the girls 11-month birthday. I had predicted that Kayley would be walking by now and I was right! Paul saw her take 2 steps a few weeks ago but I missed it. But on my birthday (the 24th) she took 4 and then she took 5 either later that day or the next day, I forget. Yesterday she took like 12! She also has a top tooth, and Olivia has one just breaking through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley