Skip to main content

Sleep Issues

One of the (many) difficult things about twins is trying to keep them from waking each other up should one wake during the night, which luckily, is rare except for this last week. Usually when one wakes during the night (usually Kayley), I can rush in and quiet her down before the other wakes up. Then I'll rock her and she'll usually go right back to sleep. But the challenging thing is putting her back in her crib without re-waking her. If I put her on her back, she'll immediately try to roll over and get caught up in her sleep sack, wake up and cry, but if I try to put her on her belly the jostling that is required to do that will wake her up (crying) too! I'm doomed every time! None the less, it usually works eventually, either the first time or after several tries. But several nights last week one would be woken up by the other and while they would fall right back asleep in my arms I could not get them back in their cribs without re-waking them. We would often end up downstairs with the problem sleeper in the pack and play and me on the couch, or in one case Olivia and I both slept in the chair for 3 hours. Sigh. I hope we don't have to resort to seperate rooms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley