Skip to main content

2010 Resolution Review

Here are a few of the resolutions I made for 2010.  Let's see how I did:

One was to lose 22 pounds.  Hey, I did it!  Oh wait-I think I meant I wanted to actaully be down 22 pounds.  I've definitely lost at least 22 pounds, but it's been the same 3 or 4 pounds over and over.  Guess that doesn't count...

Another was to read more.  My goal was 15 books.  I read 14 1/2.  Shoot.  So close.  If only the girls still napped I surely would have exceeded my goal.  Oh well.

Guess what my resolution is for 2011 (See #1 above)?  4 1/2 months until our Hawaii trip so I need to get on it.  My goal is to lose about 17 or so by then.

Comments

Woo hoo on the books! I've definitely read more this year than last, but I don't think I've read more than 10 books. I'll keep working on that one...it truly does make me feel better, more like "me", to read.

Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley