Skip to main content

Crafts

I love that the girls are old enough to do crafts now.  On Monday we went to a mom's group playdate where we made contact paper hearts.


Today we made cards for Daddy.  I discovered that, while they are old enough to do simple crafts, perhaps it'd be better to save the glitter glue until they're a bit older.  Oh well, at least it's washable.




The one on the far right is mine :)

Comments

Our girls have been doing lots of coloring with crayons and markers (all washable, of course!), and they LOVE stickers. I'll "direct" them a little bit to use certain colors, and then give them Valentine's Day stickers. Then I glue their creation (on a 4x6 card, for example) to a 5x7 piece of Valentine's Day scrapbook paper. It looks really cute...but I can't say they "know" what they're doing yet.

I'm anticipating this time next year, when I think they'll be a little more "purposeful" in their crafting. Maybe??? :)

And I love that you made a card, too! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley