Skip to main content

Frustrated

The girls keep sleeping until 9:00 or 9:15 and I keep letting them because I like to sleep in, too, because I stay up kinda late (11:00, 11:30) because I like to read or watch TV or play on the computer for awhile after everyone else goes to bed.  So this last week I've been getting up later than normal most days, like between 8:30 and 9:00 (one morning it was 9:20!  What mom of small kids, stay-at-home or otherwise, can ever do that?).  But then instead of getting the girls up then and there I like to get on the computer for awhile, so I let them sleep.  Then they sometimes don't go to bed until 9:30 or later, which is why I have to stay up until at least 11:00 or 11:30 to have my alone time so then I'm unable to get up early enough to get them up earlier.  It's a horrible cycle.

Today they got up at about 9:15.  Surpringly, Olivia told me at 7:05 that she wanted to go to bed, but then she wanted to take a bath first so she ended up going to bed at 8:30.  Kayley on the other hand, acted like she was going to go to sleep too, but proceeded to come out of her room a few minutes later (while I was engrossed in a movie) wanting a snack.  Daddy was in the kitchen so I sent her down there for a snack, then she wanted to play so since it wasn't quite her normal bedtime I let her stay up to play for a bit.  Then I put her to bed again and several minutes later she came out again, all dressed up in her princess garb.  I put her back in bed and told her to stay there or else.  Several minutes later she came out because she had to go poop.  So she did, and I once again put her back to bed.  This time I was so annoyed (but she couldn't help having to go to the bathroom, obviously) it was all I could do to not scream and wake Olivia.  Olivia did stir several times during the repeated commotions but didn't really wake all the way.  Now it's 10:00 and she's FINALLY quieting down, although I think I hear her reading quietly to herself.  What I need to do is go to bed now, so I can get up early enough to have some time on the computer or with the Today show or whatever and still get them up before 9:00, but darn it, I like to have some "me" time in the evening after they finally go to sleep.  I guess I might just have to start setting an alarm for the mornings.  And part of the reason I end up sleeping so late is because I'm usually awake for a good long while when hubby gets up for work between 4 and 5, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Anyway, off to finish my movie.  It's now 10:22 and...oh my gosh.  I was going to say she's just now quite but she came out AGAIN!  She said she had to go potty and I didn't really believe her but I took her and sure enough she went.  So I just put her to bed again and poor Olivia kind of woke up half way again.  GO TO SLEEP!!!!  It's 10:30!  THIS IS MY TIME!!!!!!!   LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!  GEES, I'm so mad and frustrated.  I think tonight is a record as far as how many get-ups.  I was going to do some wrapping tonight but it's so darn late and I'm so annoyed I just don't feel like it.  I don't know when I'm going to get it done.  Probably at the very last minute like always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap