Skip to main content

I WILL miss this...

Someone posted something on Facebook that prompted me to write this.  She said, "I'm going to miss this.  I'm going to want this back.  I'm going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast".  She's right, and I need to remember that.

Not a day goes by that I don't find myself thinking, or even saying, multiple times, "I can't WAIT until they're OLDER!"  Like, every night during dinner when Olivia decides mid-meal that she has to go potty, and needs help washing her hands, and lately with all the snow when I'm spending what feels like an eternity getting them all suited up in their snowpants and boots and gloves, etc., I find myself dreaming of the day they can do all that themselves.  I always remind myself that I will miss these days, but the thought of the freedom that will come with their increased independence overrides that thought.  I'll be helping them do whatever and thinking, "I SOOOOOO can't wait until they can do this by themselves" and then I'll think to myself, "yeah, but remember, one day you're gonna give anything to have these days back".  I know I will.  I just really need to think about that whenever I'm getting impatient because I'm having to help with whatever for the umpteenth time that day.

Comments

Definitely a good reminder! I think we're all probably guilty of looking ahead...to when things are "easier"...or when we can finally do X or Y. And then we blink and we don't have snuggly babies anymore!

Our girls just turned three, and there are things about the younger days I miss already...but I am not missing diapers, not yet, anyway. HA!

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...