Skip to main content

Fitness Friday

It's been a bad week on the fitness/weight loss front.  I was going to skip today's weigh-in because I was scared about what I'd find out.  But, I figured it's probably better to know so that it might motivate me to get back on track before it gets even worse.  So I bit the bullet.  Sure enough, up 3 pounds.  THREE.  I'm hoping it has something to do with my cycle (period's due any day, sort of.  I never know when it's coming because sometimes I go 2 weeks and sometimes I go 3 months and anywhere in-between).  I'll check again tomorrow just in case.

I ran on the treadmill on Monday, for the first time since I've been able to run a whole 3+ miles.  It was really cool to actually see the 3.1 on the readout and know for sure that's how far I ran as opposed to running outside.  Unfortunately, I haven't run or done any other exercise since.  I do plan to run tonight.

I got my race packet in the mail yesterday!  It's getting close--a week from Sunday.

Comments

Christina said…
Hi! :) I used to be in blogger land a lot, but things got crazy and I stopped for a bit. Wanted to drop by and say hello, and let you know to keep up the awesome work! :) I hate running, but Im forcing myself to do it because I know it's the best cardio for my last 10lbs I need to get rid of. ;)
Are you doing any weight lifting or just running?
Jill said…
Hey, welcome back! Yes, I'm doing some weight lifting here and there. Not as much as I should. I also mix in other forms of cardio sometimes, like Zumba or elliptical or just walking, or the 30 Day Shred DVD which is a mix of both cardio and strength.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley