Skip to main content

SUYL - Living Rooms

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner today for SUYL Home Tours.  Today is living rooms.
We really don't use our living room much.  We have a loft upstairs where we do most of our hanging out/TV watching.  I'm finding it hard to decorate, also, because there's only 2 walls, and one is mostly window.

Looking in from the dining room. I'd love to paint that wall but it continues up the stairs and is 2 stories tall, and our ladder isn't tall enough. Also, I have a cedar chest I'm thinking about putting under those windows and decorating it with books, vases and candles.

I've tried to add spalshes of color wherever I can.




 
Looking in from the hall.


My reading chair.

Toys and our old-fashioned TV (the good one is upstairs).

I love this candle holder and that's a great spot for it.

We used to have the couch and chair reversed,
but once we hung curtains we decided it looked better
 the other way.


Comments

Shoshanah said…
I love all the different colored pillows on the couch. It just make it look so cozy!

And just letting you know I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!
Anonymous said…
I love your chair! It looks SO comfortable!
Unknown said…
We have an old fashioned TV too. We tend to watch TV programs online most of the time!
Natasha said…
I like your splashes of colour!
Heather said…
LOL, our good TV is upstairs too! Our living room is the relm of the two 3-year-old boys and their toys, so as they get older, we'll end up redecorating the room and making it our family TV room. We like to watch TV in the evening as a family - America's Got Talent and MasterChef are the current favorites. But the boys are in bed at that time and we're just watching with our older daughter, so we don't need as much space

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley