Skip to main content

Loving Preschool

I don't know about the girls, but I love, love, LOVE preschool!  Ha, I'm kidding--they love it too.  But I am really loving it.  It's so nice to have those couple of hours to do whatever.  Unfortunately, I have spent 2 out of the first 3 days grocery shopping.  Last Friday, their 2nd day, we were getting ready to go out of town for the weekend and needed some stuff, then on Monday I needed to shop for the week.  Wednesday and today were better, though.  Wednesday I wanted to look at storage containers so I went to Fred Meyer, then to Target, then got gas at Costco then went to Trader Joe's (more grocery shopping, gees).  Today I would have liked to just come straight home and do some things around the house but I had to go back to Target to pick up a prescription I forgot to pick up Wednesday and also they charged me for something that was supposed to be free with the purchase of something else.  I made it back home with an hour to spare, though, so I was able to do some cleaning/organizing.

I've been frustrated lately because it seems that I hardly ever have time to do any housework (not that I just live for housework or anything, but I'm just finding it hard to keep up) because we've had such nice weather for so long that we are always outside.  We have a fenced backyard that the girls can play in and I don't necessarily have to be out there the whole time, but they of course don't want to play in the backyard.  They always want to either ride bikes or scooters or play in the front and look for their friends, etc.  I really need to use one of these preschool days to catch up on housework.  Fun.

Anyway, one of these days I'll post something unrelated to preschool, but I did think it'd be fun to be able to look back and see what all kinds of things I did with that time, so I am going to keep track, for awhile anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley