Skip to main content

Gymnastics

The girls got gymnastics lessons from Paul's parents for Christmas and yesterday was their first class.  They loved it and had big smiles on their faces the whole time.  It was really cute.  Their friend is in the class right before theirs so they will get to see her every week, too.




They're the ones on the far left and far right.  Not quite sure how to get their legs up there...

In other news, I just got home from dropping them off with Grandma and Grandpa (we met at a restaurant half way between) for the weekend!  Two nights to ourselves plus the game Sunday morning...it's going to be great.  We have some movie passes to use, so we're going to a movie tomorrow and otherwise we're just going to work on things around the house.  We are trying to refinance and have an appraiser coming on Monday so we need to spruce the place up and just do some things we've been meaning to do anyway.

Sunday the Seahawks are playing at 10:00 so we're going to skip church and watch that (maybe even in bed).  Go Hawks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley