Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Final Working Days (5 Years Ago This Month)

So, I've been periodically documenting my pregnancy, five years later, as the anniversaries of certain highlights occur, since I was not yet blogging at the time.  It was around this time 5 years ago that I started working reduced hours.  A few months before I got pregnant, I had started having pain in my hip (I forget which one).  As my pregnancy progressed it got worse and worse, to the point where by this time 5 years ago I could not stand still for 5 seconds without being in agony.  I was ok walking and sitting, but standing still was excrutiating.  It was still really bad after they were born so I went to a chiropractor only 5 days after their birth, could finally have x-rays, and it turned out that one hip was like 5mm higher than the other.

Anyway, we were still living with our friend while our house was being built, and I was working from 7:30 to 12:30.  I would get home between 1:30 and 2:00 and lay down on our bed and watch a Baby Story from 2:00-3:00, Dr. Phil from 3:00 to 4:00, and Oprah from 4:00 to 5:00.  Usually, I would doze off somewhere in there.

I stopped working all together around the 18th, I think, and we moved into our new house on the 24th (my birthday!).  At least we closed that day, moved a few things but didn't sleep there, moved a few more things on the 25th and slept there that night, and then the main moving day was the 26th (a Saturday).

It was great having all that time to fix up our new house, or at least it would have been if it wouldn't have been so hard to move around and do things.  Getting up and down the stairs by this point was a major ordeal!

1 comment:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This is such a great idea to go back and write things like this down. I thought I was taking good notes while I was pregnant, but nothing that compares to the documentation I do now with the blog. How I wish I'd done more back then!

By the way, I had big issues with my SI joint after the girls were born. I started with a chiropractor, and then moved to a physical therapist. It's 100 times better now, but I don't think I'll ever be back to "normal", like I was before the girls were born. It's certainly a small price to pay...but one of those things you don't expect as a side effect!