Skip to main content

4th of July Festivites

Our community has a 4th of July Parade and celebration every year with pony rides, bouncy houses, face painting, etc.  The parade isn't much--other than a fire truck or two at the very start, it's nothing but neighborhood kids with decked out bikes/wagons/scooters, so this year we were planning to skip the parade and head straight for the pony rides in hopes of being toward the front of the line.  But, we didn't quite make it there early enough and ended up waiting for an hour.  I guess it was good practice for Disneyland next year.


OMG, I finally got Kayley to smile!  Too bad Olivia's underwear is showing.  Oops.

Enjoying some cotton candy and a snow cone while waiting for a pony ride
 
Kayley and Daddy

Olivia and the volunteers - I didn't walk with her so I could take pictures

After the pony rides, we did some bouncy houses and later today we are going to make homemade ice cream and probably shoot off some fireworks.  Tomorrow we are going to Crescent Bar where we will have round 2 of parades and fireworks.  Happy 4th!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley