Skip to main content

Summer Vacation: Weeks 5 and 6

I know it's cliche (pretend there's a little ' above the "e"-don't know how to put one there) but Summer is flying by.  I think we're about half way through our summer break!  I'm still trying to keep a week-by-week record so I can look back and see what all we did and when.  Silly, maybe, but fun for me.

Week 5
 
We spent the weekend after the 4th at Crescent Bar, then on Monday the 8th Paul and I came home, leaving the girls there for the week with their grandparents.  Paul still had to work, so I had 3 days to myself to do whatever.  Like usual I was hoping to accomplish all sorts of projects around the house but just didn't quite get to it.  Tuesday I went to the mall and the grocery store, and because I got kind of a late start, by the time I got back it was dinnertime.  On Wednesday I drove up to Everett to have lunch with my former boss and visit some of my old co-workers.  It was so fun to see them again.  When I got back I had a hair appointment and again it was dinnertime by the time I did all that.  Thursday I had to take the car to Les Schwab to get a tire looked at/fixed (turns out there was a small nail in it) and I ran some other errands and started packing for our Idaho trip.  So that was my 3 days.  Not quite what I had hoped, but still some nice alone time.
 
Week 6
 
Family vacation to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho/Silverwood Theme Park (see separate post to follow).
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley