Skip to main content

Christmas Fun

Yesterday was the last day of school for the girls.  We had a little snow, the first snow of the season, so when we got home they of course had to go play in it and it totally reminded me of the Frosty cartoon at the beginning when the kids get out of school for Christmas vacation and of course there's lots of snow, because in the movies/TV there is always snow around Christmas.

Then last night we were setting up to have a family sleepover in the living room by the Christmas tree and I got to thinking that it is all almost over.  Last weekend we had our Sunday School class's Christmas party on Saturday and the girls' singing program at church on Sunday, then their school party was yesterday.  The only thing left is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in a mere few days and then it'll all be over.  I'm always a little sad when it's over but I'm also always excited to make a fresh start at the new year.

Anyway, I've been really bad about blogging but here's a quick rundown of what we've been up to the last few weeks.

We changed things up a bit this year and instead of going to our town's annual tree lighting ceremony and seeing Santa there (outside during 15ish degree weather), we went to Bellevue Square instead.

Since the girls have every other Friday off school, we decided that a Thursday night would be perfect for going to Snowflake Lane.  Still busy but not quite as bad as a weekend.







As I mentioned, last Sunday was there Christmas program at church.  Paul's parents came up for it and we had a big ham dinner first then went to the show.  We had a good view of Olivia but Kayley was obscured by other kids.  She's behind the boy in the white shirt with black stripes.

 
Olivia did so good--singing the whole time and doing all the hand motions.  She wasn't the least bit shy.  I couldn't see Kayley as well but I think she did pretty good, too, but she is a little more shy than Olivia.
 
 
In front of the tree before we left
 
 


The girls had a playdate at a friend's house a few days ago where they all made little gingerbread houses.




And yesterday was their class party and I made reindeer and snowman cake pops for all the kids.  They didn't turn out as good as the cat ones for their birthday but the kids still liked them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley