Friday, June 6, 2014

Bedroom Makeover Part One

We've been talking about painting the girl's room for a couple of years now, ever since they got their new beds and bedding.  So we finally got around to over Memorial Day weekend and I love it!  More importantly, they love it too.



We used Valspar Violet Sweet.  Then I rearranged the furniture and created a little nook.


 
I think it'd be really cute with a little pink chair in the corner or something, but for now it's just toys.

Here's a before of the furniture arrangement and the wall color is the same as from their baby days.


 
 
New furniture arrangement (excuse the naked bed--it's sheet washing day for Kayley)




I found this cute over-the-door hook thing at Home Goods



and this picture at Ross.

Funny how different the wall color looks this close up!



I'm still looking for curtains.  I want something sheer, either white, pink or light green with some sparkles or something.  Then we need to put up a white ledge shelf that I've had forever and some wall art and we should be done.

1 comment:

Dante Storey said...

Ooh! Violet definitely looks great on the girls' walls. You did a great job on deciding on a color. I think pink is a bit too overused anyway. The placement of the beds are perfect too. And, I think light green with sparkles would look great for curtains in the room. Hope to see more updates soon, Jill. All the best! :)

Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store