Skip to main content

Summer Break: Week 8

I was family-less last week!  Paul was on PTO and is again this week, and I'm not, so he took the girls (and at the last minute, their friend) to Crescent Bar.  I was really looking forward to having some alone time to work on all the projects I never have time for.  Unfortunately, between working, errands and chores like watering plants, cleaning the litter box, etc, I STILL didn't have much time for anything else.  I managed a blog post on Monday, and some consignment sale  prep on Tuesday but that's about it.  I really wanted to do some scrapbooking and some organizing but it just didn't happen.  But it was nice having the house to myself all week, and having it still be clean when I got home from work everyday!

Friday after work I packed up and joined them at Crescent Bar.

Some other friends went over on Thursday and stayed until today at the campground across the street.  We all went in together to rent a pontoon boat for the afternoon.  We went the "the Dune", a big sandbar that is a popular hangout spot for Crescent Bar vacationers.  Then we did some tubing.  Really fun.

Today we came home and now we're watching the first Seahawk pre-season game, which they are winning, 41-17 at the moment.  Whoo-hoo!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley